About Me

SecondLife
Caralyne Melody rezzed into SL in October 2009 and spent most of the next two years enjoying its fantastic culture and fashion. She developed her SL skills as a store, print, and runway model, choreographing virtual poses and animations, blogging, taking in world photos using windlights and shadows, editing photos using graphic software, and creating shapes, skins, and clothing. She has earned model credentials and participated in various castings, contests, and stylings. Relaxing in RL for Caralyne is having fun with fashion in SL.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

UCWS Midterms !!

October 25, 2012

Midterms Instructions:
From Laylah:
For your midterms, at 12 pm slt, you will perform the beach (with mandatory poses), the dome (with mandatory poses), and the stying event formations (with your own poses) in front of the trainers.

The other midterm will be held at 5pm slt.

For the Beach formation wear swimwear of your choice.
Dome formation wear a casual outfit of your choice.
Styling formation wear Lady Gaga style outfit.

Turn in your long and short bio to me please ( and include a headshot and a full body shot (if you haven't already).

Please IM me or Tiffani (or any trainer that happens to be online) if you have any questions.

Thanks and good luck!

Laylah
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From Anrol:
UNIVERSITY OF CLASSIC WITH STYLE
Midterm Grading for Students: Class of October 2012
******************************
 –  I want you to get ready for your midterm Tomorrow
 at 1:00 pm/slt:
•    Your short bio notecard- must already turned in.
•    Your long bio notecard- must be already turned in
•    Your Blog must be done too.
•    Your Quiz test from Lisana must be done.
Now when you have all of these done, you are allowed to do your Midterm tomorrow Thursday October 25th @1:00pm/slt

=============================
 For Midterm I want you to get the following ready:
1:00 pm/slt Thursday-October 25th

1.~~~All students must do Styling event in front of all trainers inside campus (  Theme LadyGaga). Get your description ready.  You have to accesorize each outfit and have a description ready as if you are competing in our nightly Styling Event.

2. Each of you will received something from me tonight morning and you will wear it and allign it.  We will grade you for prim editing.

3.  You will do a quick change into the other outfit, you’ll have to do a quick change in front of us. I want you to change to your bikini. 
=============================
~When you pass your midterm, then you will be schedule to do the final with Dean Laylah Lecker.

Good Luck!

****************************************
Bios:
SHORT :::

Caralyne Melody rezzed into SL in October 2009 and spent most of the next two years enjoying its fantastic culture and fashion.  Being fashion conscious, she was very aware of SL models and admired their beauty and creativity with the idea of becoming one "some day".  Finally, she responded to a model call at her favorite store, LoveCats; where she is now a model and assistant manager.  Her good friend, Sweetyuna Wendel, re-introduced her to CWS and begged her to take classes to become a runway model.  With her good friend's support, Cara joined International Model contest, became a student at UCWS, and has particpated in and even won some of the recent evening stylings.  She is looking forward to graduation and participating in runway fashion shows at CWS.  Thank you to Anrol, Steve, and all the trainers for making it possible and her friend, Yuna, who knew she could do it.  Yay!

LONG :::
Caralyne Melody rezzed into SL in October 2009 and spent the next two years improving herself by learning about SL fashion, culture, shaping, photography, and modeling.  She has had more than one avatar, using each one to improve on the previous, but this one is the oldest and most representative of herself in SL.  Throughout her whole SL odyssey, Caralyne has been fascinated with SL modeling, ranging from being a SL model to a SL blog fashionista, but always the runway draws her back.

In April 2012, she realized one of her dreams of being a model at her long-time favorite, niche boutique:  LoveCats.  She was a store model and an assistant manager.  LoveCats was her first model dream because live models are on display almost 24/7.  They greet customers as they enter, while showing new and featured styles.

Her second model dream has been walking the runway in styled outfits either by a designer or combined by herself using her own imagination.  Over the years in SL, she became familiar with CWS and had friends who attended UCWS.  Exposure to SL modeling and various academies made it very clear that CWS is the best modeling program in SL.  When her wonderful friend Sweetyuna Wendel encouraged her to get her model certification at CWS, she didn't hesitate.  With Anrol's help, she entered the International Model contest, re-enrolled at UCWS during October 2012, and participated in and won some recent daily stylings.

For Caralyne, there is no better way to spend time in SL then enjoying fashion in some way and especially on the runway or store stand.  But none of this would have been possible or occurred without the help of awesome friends, teachers, and mentors.  She thanks Anrol and Steve for making it possible by creating CWS and all her teachers for helping her during and after class.  She loves each and everyone.  And most of all she would like to thank her friend, Yuna, for encouraging and believing in her.

Grad Images:



*****************************************
Midterms:
Wednesday night was a long night as I rushed to finish all assignments required to be done before the midterms.  I turned in the quiz notecard to Lisana and finished my blog about noon slt on Thursday.  The item Anrol sent was a hat that turned out to be a Gaga hat that I finally tried on about a two hours before styling.  I wasn't the only one who waited to mess with it until close to midterms times, because Nyx IMed me with some questions about it.  We figured it out between the two of us.  Since it was so cute, I edited it as required, fitting it to my head and then incorporated it into my Gaga outfit and matched my shoes to it.  It was adorable!  Luckily, the hat was not mod, but had a resize script; so all we had to do was size it with the script and then move it around on our head until it fit nicely without showing hair.

I left work about an hour early or three hours before midterms.  There were two times alloted for midterms because some of the student work in RL and wouldn't have been able to make the 1 pm slt slot.  I am so glad they worked with us, because it would have been terrible to have failed the class just because we couldn't make the one and only time for midterms because of RL.

When I got home and logged in, I quickly put my styling poses together using pose sequences from previous routines.  That really saved me some time. (I think I am going to create pose styling hud with all my runway poses that shows all the pose sequences I have created.)  Because poses always take me so much time and I had to edit the midterm prim (Gaga hat) we had been given, I didn't write my styling description until about 10 minutes before midterms.  I arrived to UCWS styling backstage with two minutes to spare and I wasn't the last one to arrive.  Out of five students, four of us were at the 5 pm slt slot: Annabree, Janet, Nyx, and myself.  Lizzy must have done the 1 pm midterms.

Tiffani arrived right at 5 pm slt and said she would be the only onetesting us.  Laylah had already told us she could not be involved in midterms review because she would be doing our finals as Dean of Students.  Tiff gave us our styling order and told us what to do, which was to go out when called on dvc, do our styling formation, post our description, and then wait off to the side like the real daily styling.  She reminded us it was not a competition and winners would not be awarded.  She said we should watch each other and learn.  After we were done with styling, we would move to Beach and Dome runways and show her the formations.

And so midterms began...

Midterms Gaga Style:
Ok, putting a Gaga outfit together was not easy, lol.  I have a ton of Gaga style outfits in my inventory, especially from Ash's Trash and DIRAM.  These designers specialize in pop star fashion.  In the end, I did not choose either of those designers, even though they are awesome.  Instead, I chose a cute, "new" outfit designed by Pure Poison.  The lace and the bow on the behind caught my eye.  When I added the colorful hat given to us by Anrol for testing prim editing, I was thrilled because to me it really evoked the randomness of Gaga.  Blackburns was the designer of choice for my Gaga shoes.  Not only do I know him, but he sells his quality shoes at a great price and makes them all mod.  They are tintable if nothing else and often come with a color hud to make it easier.  So I tinted my Gaga platform heels to match the hat and I sighed in pleasure.  Yes!  I had found it.  Even Chevia said it was amazing.  Yay!  Well, not everyone will think the same, but at least you can decide for yourself:



Midterms Gaga Description:
Hello & Welcome to today's Lady Gaga styling for UCWS midterms.  I am Caralyne Melody, an aspiring model at CWS, Simply The Best.

Lady Gaga burst onto the music scene at about the same time as Katy Perry back in 2008.  They both took the world by storm.  Whereas Katy is more sweet and innocent, Lady Gaga is anything but.  Gaga writes her own music, choreographs her own dances, and designs her own costumes.  Her designs are considered high fashion and can be bizarre, especially the meat dress she wore to an award ceremony a few years ago.  One thing about Gaga is she WILL be different.  I adore that because I am an Aquarius and Aquarius' love being different.

I hope you are enjoying my version of Lady Gaga, which represents the traditional black and lace she favors as well as the unique platform boots and hat.  Don't forget the bow on the back.  It's a simple but lavish design.  Exotic and feminine.  Gaga does not usually wear black only in her costumes, but adds a splash of color or silver.  I have used the colors of the hat to match the shoes.  The outfit pops and grabs attention just like Gaga does wherever she goes.

Thank you to everyone for coming to the show and many thanks to our judge, announcer, and most of all to Anrol & Steve who make it possible for us to share our styling creativity in this wonderful venue.  When you have a moment and enjoy reading about SL fashion, please check out my blog at http://caralynemelody.blogspot.com/.

********************************
Style Notes:

OUTFIT ::: Pure Poison Laced Body
MAKEUP/TATTOOS ::: Miamai XGen Basic Lashes B, Akeruka Biana Lips Rosso
HAIR ::: Gaga Hair (platblonde)
SHOES ::: Blackburns Gaga Platform Heels
ACCESSORIES ::: Prim Testing Hat provided by Anrol Anthony
EYES ::: Anara Customeyes
SKIN ::: Akeruka Bianca medium
SHAPE ::: Mira Mira Bella Carla model shape by Caralyne Melody

Midterms Beach:
So after Gaga styling, which was as fun as real styling but without the added pressure of winner judging, we were off to the UCWS Beach runway.  I had been last for styling and so for this, Tiff had me go first, leading the beach parade.  We all looked super hot and *haute* in our bikinis.  The formation came off without a problem and she didn't require us to do the beach bio.  I was ready to do it but have to be careful because I stilll need to fix the pose notecard from July 2012.

I apologize for not having more student images.  I am usually so focused on class and what we are doing that taking screen shots doesn't even enter my mind.  It didn't this time either.  And if it did, I likely wouldn't act on it either because of the set-up in graphics for good screen shots.  I guess I don't take candids.  I usually go back and take a few posed shots wherever the action was occuring with the outfit I was wearing.  Not as exciting, but at least it gives the flavor.

Here is my October beach outfit, which provides a connection to SassyLassye as this is the bikini she wore for the UCWS Beach runway.  This bikini or any of this designer's outfits are no longer available in SL.  I had contacted the desigenr for 6 months before I finally got a response and she sold me her collection.  I am not going to put the style notes in because she is not creating or selling her designs in SL anymore.



Midterms Dome:
Next was Dome.  By this time, we were all in formation mode and paying close attention.  When Tiff gave us our line-up assignements so that all four of us would have a chance on each runway, we didn't dilly dally.  The only thing that caught me up was when we switched after the first walk and I was on #3 aftter being on #1.  For some reason, I was waiting for invite from wrong student even though I accepted the correct invite.  I was late getting to runway #3 but only barely.  I caught up and we made it to the bottom.  Always confusion and counting problems, so that we were late when we got to stop 2 and runway #2 student was already done.  Oh well... these things would become apparent in real fashion shows and I certainly was not perfect by any means.  We were asked to style casual for the Dome formation and here is what I wore.  My style notes follow.



Style Notes:

OUTFIT ::: Jairis Sheer Palazzo pants (black), DeLa Maria blouse (black)
MAKEUP/TATTOOS ::: BOOM Liquid Glaze lashed eyeshadow (red), Miamai XGen Basic Lashes B, Akeruka Biana Lips Rosso
HAIR ::: Truth Kirby (almond) & matching hairbase
SHOES ::: GUTI EXTRAVAGANT Sculpted Stiletto Gem pump (grey)
ACCESSORIES ::: Alienbear AG Double Pearl set (white)
EYES ::: Anara Customeyes
SKIN ::: Akeruka Bianca medium
SHAPE ::: Mira Mira Bella Carla model shape by Caralyne Melody

****************************************
Yay! We finished and Tiffani said we had done a great job.  She told us we were free to go as our midterms were over.  Laylah would be contacting us with our grades and to please let any of them (trainers) know if we had questions.  We all thanked her, sighed hugely, and disappeared to get some rest.  On Friday, I received my grades from Laylah.  Yay!  I passed!  :))

The Results:
Midterm Styling with Tiffani

Dome: 69/70 A
Beach: 28/30 A
=======================================
Styling:
Poses on Stage: 9.75
Catwalk on Stage: 9.75
Formation on stage: 10
Outfit Creativity: 10 // very nice
Description of the outfit: 10
Total: 49.5/50

Comments:
Minor issue with hair prims if you want to totally nitpick. -0.25
Slightly off the dot if you want to nitpick.  -0.25
Pretty awesome otherwise. 
=======================================
Bio & Blog Midterm with Laylah
Bio Long: A
Bio Short: A

Blog: 4/4
4/4 Points =A

The midterm post is focused with a clear title, and it reflects engagement with the topic. The post demonstrates the author’s voice and is free of spelling errors. The post integrates relevant pictures with explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment