About Me

SecondLife
Caralyne Melody rezzed into SL in October 2009 and spent most of the next two years enjoying its fantastic culture and fashion. She developed her SL skills as a store, print, and runway model, choreographing virtual poses and animations, blogging, taking in world photos using windlights and shadows, editing photos using graphic software, and creating shapes, skins, and clothing. She has earned model credentials and participated in various castings, contests, and stylings. Relaxing in RL for Caralyne is having fun with fashion in SL.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Getting Started Blogging @ CWS

October 10, 2012

Today at UCWS we learned how to blog... or I should say I learned how to blog again.  I will explain the "again" in my next entry.  We learned how to create a blog account and set up a blog by customizing it with a background, fonts, text colors, and uploading our own photos.  Blogging is quickly becoming a fav as I improve my skills and learn to be a concise writer.  Based on exposure and experience, CWS truly has the best model program in Second Life.  I love CWS....

Back to class.  Our assignment throughout the term is to blog about our experience at UCWS with required and voluntary entries.  We must pass our blog requirement or we won't be able to graduate at the end of October.  So.... our first entry is exactly this one.  To write about "getting started blogging" (again, lol), including photos. 

I used most of class to re-customize my blog and make it more fashion oriented.  I used a fashion wallpaper image I found by googling "fashion background wallpapers".  I don't know how many do this, but whenever I "google" for images, I go immediately to the images found in relation to the search terms.  Although a new tab is not started in my browser, it is like you go to a new tab when you select the image link.  If you want to go back to looking at the website results, just click on the "web" link.

Anyway, the image link usually gives you a whole page of images to look at all together.  And from that point, you can hover over the ones you like to provide details aabout the pic, such as the pic (file) name and size.  The size is usually what is important to me.  I look for image size to match my needs at the moment.  In this case, I was looking for a blog background image, so wanted one at least 600 x 600, but preferred 1024 width or greater.

When you find some images you like and meet your needs, just click on the image and it will take you to the pic hovering over the webpage it is found on.  At the right sidebar, you have some choices... you can either go to the webpage to see all the pictures and the one you want OR you can only see the image you want in its full size.  I usually select full picture, but have been known to look at the webpage if I see there are other images on the page I want.  When full picture comes up, I right click on the image. 

Now the next part is based on the browser you are using.  I use Firefox because less viruses are written for Firefox, plus it has some cool abilities that Internet Explorer does not have.  Once I right click on the image, I select "view image" if it is available, otherwise I "save image as..." and save it to My Pictures folder on my hard drive.  There are other tricks I know if you are having troubles obtaining a copy of the image, but you will have to contact me for those.  :))

So... Do you like my choices for background image, fonts, and colors?  For now, I do and I love it !!  Knowing me (and the Aquarius I am), I will likely change it at some point...


Next is photos.  Uploading photos is easy and fun in Blogger.  There is plenty of customization allowed so if you want to put two photos side by side in your blog you can... or you can align a photo to the center, left, or right within your post.  Since we are required to have at least one photo for this entry, I decided to do more than one (of course).  Laylah looked awesome in her trendy coat set with black lacey tights and cutesy shoes.  See for yourself, as well as the photo Laylah took of class for us to use if we wanted....

And that is end of "getting started blogging".  I hope you enjoyed and I didn't bore you too much, lol  :))


No comments:

Post a Comment