About Me

SecondLife
Caralyne Melody rezzed into SL in October 2009 and spent most of the next two years enjoying its fantastic culture and fashion. She developed her SL skills as a store, print, and runway model, choreographing virtual poses and animations, blogging, taking in world photos using windlights and shadows, editing photos using graphic software, and creating shapes, skins, and clothing. She has earned model credentials and participated in various castings, contests, and stylings. Relaxing in RL for Caralyne is having fun with fashion in SL.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

UCWS Finals !!

October 28, 2012

Finals Instructions: 
Final Grading for Students:
Class of October 2012

Congratulation for passing your midterms!

Final Schedules: Please let me (Laylah Lecker) know what date you plan to attend with a nc or IM. If none of the times work for you, let me know as soon as possible and I can work it out.

Friday, October 26
10:00 am slt
2:00 pm slt
7:00 pm slt

Saturday, October 27
9:00 am slt


Sunday, October 28
10:00 am slt
3:00 pm slt
6:00 pm slt

=========================================
Fill out the survey note and send to Anrol Anthony.  If you haven't sent it to Anrol already, please include your biography note with the survey note before you show up for your  final exam.
=========================================
~Please you must read and follow the direction:
~First Step:  Fill out the survey completely and return to Anrol Anthony ASAP.

Click this below and return to Anrol Anthony ASAP:  ⬇⬇⬇:
(Survey Notecard)
The survey must be turn in before your final exam.
=============================
Students please have the following ready:
Have your voice ready, Sometimes I use voice when I do your final.  You don't need to talk if you don't want to but you have your voice on to listen for my instructions.
======================
This is the stage we will be doing your final
(UCWS Styling Backstage LM)
=======================

I will be testing you on the following:
~ First:  You perform a Styling in front of me, The theme will be styling casual Fall or Winter. (one of the other it's up to you). You have to accessorize the outfit theme I assigned you to wear, and you have to have a description ready as if you are competing in our nightly Styling Event.

I'll pay close attention to poses too, so use poses that are appropriate for your outfits.

~ You will do the styling formation and description when it is your turn ( same formation we use in our nightly styling events).

~2nd part
~Second: Huddles.

You'll invite me to your huddles.

You will do the poses from our Dome Formation or Beach Formation.

Then take me off your huddles.

~3rd Part:
Blogging:
TP to our newest store addition in the CWS Fashion District. You can purchase an outfit or you can use the free gift located in the store. Style the item and take a picture of yourself in it and a picture of the store. Include the pictures and the designer's name in the post. Incorporate any other information you see fit.

You can write the post like you would any other description. Really it's up to you, so have fun with it. In addition, you can also use this outfit as part of your fall/winter styling if you wish.
(U. Refined Store LM)
========================================

After you finish your blog post, please im me the posts url, and I will give you back your scores. Thanks and good luck!
******************************************

Finals Prep:
I selected 10 am slt 10/28 for my finals and sent a notecard to Laylah. Time to check the new store out and pick an outfit.  LOL!  (I knew I wouldn't be able to pick just one.)  When I got there, I purchased 5 "fall" type outfits and began the process of deciding which one to wear.  It was not easy because the mesh detail of some of the outfits was not very strong.  Finally, I chose the sweater + high waist pants combination in black.  Laylah had asked us to accessorize and this was the best outfit to use as a canvas.  My final results incorporated a mesh corset, ankle boots, a gorgeous texture changing neck scarf, and a hair bow.  I took a picture of the final result next to the vendor picture of the main outfit.  Quite a difference!


The store is U.Refined and the designer is Rita Hazelnut.  It appears she is a fairly new vendor after I checked out her main store.  The store at CWS Fashion District is nicely laid out and not crowded.  The vendor images were easy to see and understand.


Finals Fall Style:
And here are some poses from my style.  I really love how the outfit turned out.  I prefer simple and sometimes forgo even wearing jewelry, but this one seems to be okay with the extras.  I love the black, white and red combination and often choose it in my daily SL clothing.  As you can see I gravitated toward my personal favorite with the zebra print I adore thrown in for accent.  When I look at it, I see a mixture of styles, ranging from 80's Madonna to different textures, clothing pieces, and clolors of Vivienne Westwood to a clean, classic elegance.  I even tried different shoes to evoke more of a Vivienne Westwood feel, but couldn't find any better than the cute 80's style ankle boots.  Images of Vivienne W. evoke the 80's with her orange hair and vivid colors that Cyndi Lauper styled in her first awesome video, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."



Finals Fall Description:
Hello & Welcome to today's Finals styling in Fall theme.  I am Caralyne Melody, an aspiring model at CWS, Simply The Best.

My fall style begins with a U.Refined sweater and leggings outfit in black.  The top has a lovely lace inset at the neck and over the cleavage.  It is long-sleeved, befitting the onset of cool weather.  To set off the basic black canvas of pants and top, I added a red mesh corset with a black bow cinching the waist.  To continue wit the eye-popping red, I added red ankle boots reminiscent of the 80s.  Jewelry did not seem to fit with the styling, so instead I turned to a long retro neck scarf with a zebra print and red fringe.  And finally, as the cherry on the sundae, I added a red hair bow.  I really love how the outfit turned out.  I love the black, white and red combination and often choose it in my daily SL clothing.

As you can see I gravitated toward my favorite red with the zebra print I adore thrown in for accent.  When I look at it, I see a mixture of styles, ranging from 80's Madonna to different textures, clothing pieces, and clolors of Vivienne Westwood to a clean, classic elegance.

Thank you to everyone for coming to the show and many thanks to our judge, announcer, and most of all to Anrol & Steve who make it possible for us to share our styling creativity in this wonderful venue.  When you have a moment and enjoy reading about SL fashion, please check out my blog at http://caralynemelody.blogspot.com/.

**********************************************
Style Notes:
OUTFIT ::: {U.R.} Sweater with Lace + Leggings Black
MAKEUP/TATTOOS ::: BOOM Liquid Glaze lashed eyeshadow (red), Miamai XGen Basic Lashes B, Akeruka Biana Lips Rosso
HAIR ::: Truth Kirby (almond) & matching hairbase
SHOES ::: [PM] Rea Plain Ankle Boots (red)
ACCESSORIES ::: AMD  Obnoxious Hoop earrings (silver); Ho Wear Winny mesh corset (red), Magika Kawaii Bow (red); SEY VH long neck scarf.stole (zebra print with red fringe)
EYES ::: Anara Customeyes
SKIN ::: Akeruka Bianca medium
SHAPE ::: Mira Mira Bella Carla model shape by Caralyne Melody

Finals:
Finals is such an anti-climax.  Once you make it past midterms, its is really home-free. And I always feel melancholy when classes are over.  Although busy in RL, I love being busy in SL too.  Classes everyday were so satisfying.  Hmm... I will have to consider the advanced class and the Doctorate. 

Lizzy and I were scheduled for finals at the same time.  Laylah had Lizzy do styling first with Beach and Dome compulsory poses after.  Lizzy was released and it was my turn.  I did my styling and compulsory as Laylah instructed.  And then we talked a bit about how awesome CWS is and how I won't be wandering far this time.  It's home after all.  :))


The Results:
(paste results here)

No comments:

Post a Comment